Taradale is nestled in a picturesque valley of cleared farming land surrounded by native forests and dominated by the 1862 Taradale viaduct. A former gold rush town and pit stop on the Old Calder Highway Taradale has a significant built historic legacy as well as the advantages of an idyllic and valuable environment. It is a vital community committed to pursuing a progressive and dynamic future for the town whilst respecting and appreciating the legacy townspeople are privileged to enjoy.
No matter the season, when you sit on the front verandah of this home having a quiet early morning coffee you will fully appreciate the peace and tranquility of this place and understand why townsfolk feel privileged to live here.
Good Reasons to Choose This Region
1. Taradale is a vibrant rural hamlet which is home to a small but dynamic community of farmers, entrepreneurs, business people, artists, writers, tree changers, commuters, retirees. It is made up of every kind of family whose diverse interests are reflected in the broad range of facilities, activities and community events available to visitors and locals.
2 Easily located in Central Victoria, the region is less than 90 minutes northwest of Melbourne this region and is served by a reliable, efficient, V/Line VLocity train service at nearby Malmsbury. Professionals have, for example, identified that they can enjoy a ‘tree change’ without losing access to professional networks, meetings, social events and professional development opportunities.
3. Taradale has a rich history. You’ll love waking up here every day to country sounds. You’ll feel part of the rich tapestry of the past that can be experienced in this region.
4. In this region you will have access to all the best amenities and professionals as well as excellent government services, communications and transport infrastructure. You’ve got the best of everything right here so you won’t have to give up your city comforts.
5. Hear that? Neither do we. Shut out the noise of the city and raise your family the way you’ve always wanted to. This is one of the best places in regional Victoria to give your kids space to run around, climb trees and explore. They’ll be exhausted at the end of the day after all that fresh air. That peace and quiet is sounding good, isn’t it?
6. You don’t have to give up the best education when you leave the big city. Everything you need to provide your kids with first-rate education and community based lifestyle is all but on your doorstep.
7. If you remember a time when your neighbours were like a part of your family you’ll know how much better life was. Life IS like this in this area! Studies have shown that people who know and trust their neighbours are more likely to report better health.
8. There is support here from womb to tomb. You have all the health services you need.
9. Whatever your fields of interest you will find kindred spirits in one or more of the numerous clubs and activity groups.